Here’s a letter I drafted this morning that’s being sent to our e-newsletter database – Antioch is going to 2 services! (more…)
Some pretty cool stuff going on at Antioch!!
Here is a letter going out to the congregation today on Antioch moving to Bend High!:
I’m really excited about this announcement: On Sunday, October 2, Antioch will begin meeting at Bend Senior High School!
Bend High will be only the third Sunday morning home for Antioch. We began in the Regal Theatre in the Old Mill and Moved to Summit High in January of 2008.
When the opportunity to move came up a couple months ago, the staff and elders considered what’s best for the church and what direction God is leading us and made the decision prayerfully.
Here are a few reasons why the transition is exciting:
• The primary factor in motivating us to look at Bend is that our Kids ministry has outgrown the space available at Summit. Antioch Kids will have its own wing at Bend High, which will streamline drop off and pick up for parents as well as provide a much larger and safer environment for children.
• We will be going back to one service, which means we will all be together every Sunday.
• Set-up and tear-down teams will have an easier time, not having to arrive so early and stay so late!
• The auditorium has about 1,400 seats, about 3x the size we’re used to: plenty of room for us and plenty of room for growth. The auditorium also has aisles so you will no longer be asked to “scoot in.”
• Bend High is centrally located.
The Worship Service will be held at 9:30 am starting October 2nd with fellowship time in the commons to follow. Redux, Antioch’s question and answer service, will be held after the worship service from 11:15 – 12 noon. As we transition out of Summit High School – where we’ve been for three years – it is our desire to express our thanks and gratitude to the Summit High Staff. If you have a relationship with someone from Summit would you join us in thanking them?
It’s fun watching what God has done and is continuing to do through Antioch.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Ken Wytsma P.S. We will need a lot of help making this transition go smoothly. If you are interested in volunteering, please e-mail me at email@example.com to let me know.