Guest Blog by Melissa McCreery
Since being hired at Kilns College, I’ve had the awesome opportunity—blessing, really—to be a small part of The Justice Conference. It’s truly amazing to see the conference staff, Kilns students, and countless (seriously, countless) volunteers come together to pull off this awesome event. I’ve honestly found it difficult to sleep all week because The Justice Conference is in Philadelphia this weekend. Here are my top 10 reason why I’ve been looking forward to this event all year!
1. It’s the single event where thousands of people who care about justice gather together. That’s a lot of awesome people in one place!
2. Kilns College co-sponsors the event with World Relief so I get to spend 48 hours meeting people and talking about Kilns College and why it’s a place that’s revolutionizing higher education. If you’re coming to the conference come check out the Kilns table and say hi!
3. Micah Bournes will be performing. This guy is seriously talented!
4. You get the opportunity to meet representatives from hundreds of nonprofit organizations
5. I was honored to ask to speak during a pre-conference session. If you’ll be at the pre-conference check out my session on education! While you’re at it, check out all the pre-conference sessions on The Justice Conference website
6. My dear friend Erin Lytle is Director for this conference and works tirelessly 365 days a year to make it an awesome experience for all the attendees, exhibitors and speakers.
7. This year’s conference is in Philly! After living for a few years in New England, I’m excited to be back on the East Coast, even if just for a few days.
8. It’s a great networking event!
9. Kilns College President Ken Wytsma’s new book Pursuing Justice will be available at the conference bookstore
10. This year, Kilns College has a HUGE announcement to make at the conference… can’t wait to share it with everyone!